Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    SuperRoo is on a distinguished road

Default offline design questions

offline design questions

Hi,
    I am creating an app that will be native packaged as it requires to be run when out of phone coverage.I thought of caching and localstore but need to be told when going on/off line. I have got the sections where it goes to localstore if offline and synchs localstore if online. From the docs, you can add an onlinechange event:
    Code:
    Ext.device.Connection.on({
           // scope: this,
            onlinechange: this.onlineChange
        });

onlineChange: function (online, type) {
            alert(online + type);
        },
    but have been told that this will only work when native packaged as the event relies on the device.
    Also, if this event fires in the middle of doing dome other work (e.g. entering data or taking picture via app) will the other work freeze while the online function completes or is there a way to do the online updates in the background?
    So 3 questions:
    1. Do I have to package to get the event?
    2. Can I run the online function in the background?
    3. Is there a better way to do this.
    Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

To get an event yes you need to be packaged but for offline you do not. You can check navigator.onLine to see if the device is online.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1