Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    berlinbrown is on a distinguished road

Default Grid and GridView the row data does not align with the row headers

Grid and GridView the row data does not align with the row headers

What is the setting on the grid to align the headers with the data in the grid.

ColumnConfig<User,String> userNameColumn = new ColumnConfig(userProperties.username(), 120, constants.userName());
    columnList.add(userNameColumn);
    columnList.add(new ColumnConfig(userProperties.firstName(), 120, constants.firstName()));
    columnList.add(new ColumnConfig(userProperties.lastName(), 120, constants.lastName()));
    columnList.add(new ColumnConfig(userProperties.emailAddress(), 120, constants.email()));
    columnList.add(new ColumnConfig(userProperties.enabled(), 85, constants.enabled()));

grid = new Grid<User>(store, columnModel);
    grid.setBorders(true);
    grid.getView().setAutoExpandColumn(userNameColumn);
    grid.getView().setForceFit(true);
    grid.getView().setAutoExpandMax(9000);
    grid.getView().setColumnLines(true);

gxt version 3.0.1

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

I can't reproduce it yet. Would you be willing to provide more complete test case for me to try out, with code and a screen shot? Go head and file it under bugs if you think it fits. A screen shot would be interesting to see and which browsers you see it in.

In order for us to investigate this issue please send a test case that illustrates the bug. This code should be as simple as possible to show the bug (does not have to be your actual application code). Also, there should be no references to code (your application classes) that are not provided with the test case.

If possible, the test case should be a single class that implements EntryPoint. For example:

Code:
    public class Test implements EntryPoint {
      // use nested classes if needed

public static class MyNestedModelClass {
      }

public void onModuleLoad() {
        // your test case here

// only reference GWT and GXT classes if possible (look at imports)

// if you must reference other external classes they need to be provided
      }
    }

If the test case is more complicated you can send us a zipped up test project. Don't forget to make it as simple as possible.

Can you see the bug on the Sencha Explorer Demo(s):

3.0.1 http://www.sencha.com/examples/
    3.0.4 http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examples-3.0.4/
    3.0.X http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examples-dev-3.0

If you have not provided already, make sure to specify what browser(s), including version and OS, where you see the issue. Or specify all browsers. Also include what version of GWT and GXT you are using.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Issue with grid 'header' does not align with the grid rows

Issue with grid 'header' does not align with the grid rows

This is about as much as I can reveal. I have inserted an image and some example code.

Notice that the 'User Name' header does not align with the rows. On load (initially), the header and row data lays out properly. But when I try to resize the 'user name' or header columns, then they never realign with the grid data.

Ironically, if I click the 'link' that refreshes this grid panel, the columns line up and work correctly.

issue_columns_no_align_rows.png

There is a lot of other calling class code which I can't reveal but it is essentially this:

Code:
    VerticalPanel panel = new VerticalPanel();
    panel.add(new TestIssuePanel());
    I attached the rest of the code.

Test Machine Info:

Mac OSX 10.7.5
    Chrome Version 27.0.1453.110 (latest as of today)
    Gxt Version : 3.0.1
    GWT: 2.5.1
    Attached Files

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default OK more code, could not create

OK more code, could not create

So if I strip out a lot of our code, including the code the reloads that 'grid panel' that has the issue, then I cannot create the error. I provided a mostly complete standalone application and the issue does not occur.

I will have to look at the calls that load that panel section and displays it to the user.
    Attached Files

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

Thanks so much for the test case. We've got this fixed in 3.0.5 and is available in the support channel. Do you have have access to the 3.0.5 release?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Not in the near future

Not in the near future

We may not be able to upgrade from 3.0.1 in the near future. Could you describe the issue or point to bug report. Is there a possible work around?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

I may have been wrong, can you try setting the specific size to the grid? This should drive the column header sizes off of the grid size.

Brandon
    http://docs.sencha.com/gxt-guides/3/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have set the size of the grid and the set the size/width of the column headers (ColumnConfig) but the 'rows' still may not line up correctly.

I may try different attributes on size (width) of the grid. E.g. I may try grid.setWidth("100%"), width(800).

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Without more details, it is hard to say - the grid works fine for a very similar setup at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:basicgrid - different data, but that's about it.

Giving a size like grid.setWidth("100%") isn't often very constructive because of the weaknesses in how html and css size content, and the fact that they don't tell the elements that it is time to re-run layouts.

The main premise is that you must either size the grid, or you must add it to a parent that sizes it. If the grid doesn't have a size, it doesn't know how much room to give the header, the scrolling section, each row, etc.

If you call setPixelSize(800, 600), it will have the width you described but a fixed height - does this fix the column issue? If so, this means that the parent of the grid is not sizing it correctly - you'll need to describe more of your setup to enable us to help you. The grid won't be the exact height you want, but this is just a test to make sure that we can see what the problem was.

Note that even though your particular use case appears to be fixed in 3.0.5, that doesn't mean that the grid can behave correctly without a size in 3.0.5 - there will often be cases where it will continue to misbehave.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

This is my last comment, like you said, it is fixed in 3.0.5 and there are probably other approaches I could use.

But it seems like a 'refreshing the grid' or forcelayout, or refresh the headers type of issues. Because when I refresh that grid, redisplay the grid to the user for subsequent tries then the columns line up properly and I can resize the columns properly such that the rows also line up with the column headers.

On the first rendering of the grid panel, the column headers do not line up with the data.

Thread Participants: 2