Hybrid View

Ext JS Premium Member cnelissen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    cnelissen is on a distinguished road

Default Theme override include order

Theme override include order

Hey guys,
    I am having an issue with the include order of overrides in an extended theme... I created a theme which extends ext-theme-neptune, the neptune theme has an override for tabs that specifically disables tab borders, which I need enabled.

In my theme folder I have created /packages/my-custom-theme/overrides/tab/Tab.js with the following content:

PHP Code:
    Ext.define('MyCustomTheme.tab.Tab', {

override'Ext.tab.Tab',

bordertrue
    }); 
    I do a 'sencha package build; sencha app refresh; sencha app build;' which builds the all-classes.js, and looking at the source of that file, I see that both MyCustomTheme.tab.Tab and ExtThemeNeptune.tab.Tab are defined, which is fine, however ExtThemeNeptune.tab.Tab is included after MyCustomTheme.tab.Tab which means my override will never be used...

It would seem appropriate to always include locally built packages after the default packages that we are extending from... Is there a way to specify this or is there anything else I am missing?

Also, in regards to this issue specifically, why are tab borders being disabled via javascript when there is a CSS variable for $tab-border-width?
    - Clint Nelissen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aratcliffe is on a distinguished road

I'm having this exact issue with applying tab borders. Under 4.1.0 this worked fine, I was also able to override the default tab border configuration without using a custom theme simply by including an override in my application sources. Neither approach is working for me with 4.2.1.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aratcliffe is on a distinguished road

@cnelissen as a work-around I set the border in the initComponent() method of my Tab override

Code:
        initComponent: function () {
            this.setBorder('1 1 0 1');
            this.callParent();
        }
    Agree this isn't the way it should work though.

Thread Participants: 1