Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

Default How I'm getting my ExtJS-based consulting website indexed by Google

How I'm getting my ExtJS-based consulting website indexed by Google

How I'm getting my ExtJS-based consulting website indexed by Google: http://dexygen.com/ria/#!/README/SeoForExtjs

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for sharing!
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

C
    heck out all of the 2013 SenchaCon presentations here:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/senchacon...now-available/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

Yeah well it's an imperfect solution. It relies an awful on redirecting, or not, based on the user-agent. For instance, if the user agent seems to indicate a bot (and I do this in a very naive way, based on a case insensitive regular expression testing for bot|crawl|spider) if they reach the ajaxified URL, I redirect them to the "static" URL that gets served in the iframe from the ExtJS front-end, but then the static URL needs to be sure the referer wasn't the ajaxified URL, so it does *not* do the re-direct.

A bit of a mess and I haven't gotten it quite right, see attached screen shot where ironically one of the pages Google won't index is the "SeoForExtjs" page . Anyway due to other frustrating issues regarding broken tooltips in 4.2.0 (and many other such careless issues during my 4.5 years working with this framework) and changing CDN urls from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 I've decided to switch to Twitter Bootstrap *and* I've devised a different, potentially monetize-able way of resolving "escaped fragment" /#!/ ajaxified URLs. Which however still probably won't work so well for ExtJS, because it will return the entire rendered DOM, and the noise (DOM elements) to signal (actual content) will probably be just too much for bots to sift through. So I'm going to focus instead on the vast majority of Ajaxified, non-ExtJS URL's.not_followed.png

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    IvanJouikov is on a distinguished road

Any reason why you can't use divs with SEO text in your actual DOM and then contenEl: it in Ext? Combine that with an XML sitemap and what's missing?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by IvanJouikov View Post
    Any reason why you can't use divs with SEO text in your actual DOM and then contenEl: it in Ext? Combine that with an XML sitemap and what's missing?
    No reason, it's just overkill; even jQuery is overkill for my needs.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default We don't need no stinkin jQuery

We don't need no stinkin jQuery

Or ExtJS, for that matter: http://codrspace.com/dexygen/we-don-...tinkin-jquery/

Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

why note generate a dynamic google site map for the site?
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    simon is on a distinguished road

Hi Dawesi,

do you have some guidelines about generate a dynamic google site map for the site and what should be done on site to support it.
    In general, extjs web sites doesn't have parameters in url, since all content is from ajax calls.