Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ggvPVR is on a distinguished road

Default Release Quality

Release Quality

I love Sencha Touch. I have been working with it for almost 2 years, since 1.0.

HOWEVER, I am damn tired of having my development environment being a mess after ANY upgrade. ANY! BUG FIX POINT RELEASES, EVEN.

Do you guys care about this?

It has the effect of making me not want the fixes, for fear of having to deal with this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jattardi will become famous soon enough

Can you elaborate on any issues you're having?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jattardi View Post
    Can you elaborate on any issues you're having?
    I will second this question. Making statements like you have are not helpful at all. If you find a bug then report it and we will fix it. We have lots of unit tests that we run.

I personally don't have issues with any of my apps with upgrading even with dot releases where lots may change. I think it's about how much you override or if you are doing things properly also.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jattardi will become famous soon enough

Sometimes I've run into issues - like the scrolling issue on PhoneGap on Android that the 2.2 release caused. But it was quickly fixed when 2.2.1 went out.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default $%^&*(^&*( upgrade

$%^&*(^&*( upgrade

Sorry for my expressed frustration and slow followup. We had a malware infection in oursite in the meantime that got into my computer here too.

What I was frustrated with was upgrading cmd on the way to 2.2.1 from 2.2.0

Why replace the startup splash screens, overwrite the app.sccs and app.js files? the scss and app.js were fine, but you have to manually run around.

when the build blew up, so did I.

Mark

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

PM
    jattardi - that was the reason for the upgrade at this late stage in our project. Working now, scroller fixed, but I still don't understand why they replace the resources images like splash screen, icons.

upgrading to 2.2 from 2.1 was tricky... mostly because of the font replacement for iconMask, and I expected to work for that one. but a point release that wanders around my stuff during upgrade and places bird droppings in my source code just does not seem right.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

>> I think it's about how much you override or if you are doing things properly also.

Good point. but not the case. I understand that. It was the messing with the build enviroment that PO me.

Thread Participants: 2