Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

No until Chromium supports it we simply cannot.

An article that may be helpful?

http://www.tecmint.com/install-googl...-fedora-linux/
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    rbraddy is on a distinguished road

Yes, that's a good link. I was able to use it to get Chrome running on CentOS 6.4 - google-chrome launches perfectly now.

However, launching SenchaArchitect fails with a new error now:

[rbraddy@softnas-dev SenchaArchitect]$ /home/rbraddy/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 2.2/runtime/sdp-1.1.1.398/SenchaArchitect --ion-entry-url=ionp:///index.html?production --ion-file=/home/rbraddy/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 2.2/xds-2.2.2.000991.ion --ion-enable-logging --ion-log-level=0 --architect=/opt/SenchaArchitect/SenchaArchitect --disable-accelerated-compositing: symbol lookup error: /home/rbraddy/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 2.2/runtime/sdp-1.1.1.398/SenchaArchitect --ion-entry-url=ionp:///index.html?production --ion-file=/home/rbraddy/.local/share/Sencha/Sencha Architect 2.2/xds-2.2.2.000991.ion --ion-enable-logging --ion-log-level=0 --architect=/opt/SenchaArchitect/SenchaArchitect --disable-accelerated-compositing: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_get_realized

From the research I have done, it seems like GTK+ 2.20 or later is needed. I am unfamiliar with that library. Can it be built from source to resolve this issue?

Surely someone must have resolved this issue by now.

Vote Rating
    rbraddy is on a distinguished road

Okay. I don't have the time to resolve this now... so looks like Sencha Architect 2.2 is caput for Linux.

Fortunately, I found a workaround that's not too bad. I'm using Samba to share my SA project folders on Linux with Windows, and running the SA 2.2 version on Windows.

Seems to work well. I hope this helps someone else who will miss having SA on Linux...

Rick

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kmullican is on a distinguished road

Rick, I was able to run SA 2.2.3 on CentOS 6.3 by compiling GTK 2.21 and all dependecies (saving everything to a new DIR /opt/gtk2.21 as to not disturb the OS), and then prepending $DIR/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and $DIR/bin to PATH in .bash_profile. If you have an NFS share that you use for tools, obvisouly that would be an excellent place to create the directory.

I followed the steps listed here:
    http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/compiling...n-centos6.html
    but instead of downloading gtk3.x.x, I downloaded gtk2.21.8. I made a modification to the procedure in the link -- in order to satisfy the atk-bridge-2.0 requirement in gtk, I had to download two additional packages:
    at-spi2-core-2.10.0.tar.xz
    at-spi2-atk-2.10.0.tar.xz

I did the usual configure, make, make install procedure on those two packages in step #4, after the gdk-pixbuf package/before the gtk package.

I've done some basic testing and so far, so good. Hope this helps ....

Katreena

Thread Participants: 2