Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-10233 in 4.2.2.1144.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    themightychris will become famous soon enough themightychris will become famous soon enough

Default Needless dependencies: Component->util.Floating->window.Window->half the framework

Needless dependencies: Component->util.Floating->window.Window->half the framework

I'm trying to create a minimal build that will let me use the component lifecycle to manage some custom frontend widgets and I've run into a false dependency in 4.2.1 that brings in half the framework:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/s...Floating2.html

Ext.util.Floating depends needlessly on Ext.window.Window, which in-turn depends on Panel and subsequently tons and tons of things I don't need for just piling some HTML and behaviors together in a <div>

The only dependency I found within util.Floating's source relating to windows was Ext.WindowManager, which could be required directly and has no further dependencies.
    Chief Architect @ Jarv.us Innovations
    Co-captain @ Code for Philly
    Co-founder @ Devnuts - Philadelphia Hackerspace

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Thread Participants: 1