Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DavidThi808 is on a distinguished road

Default Need to click Publish before Preview

Need to click Publish before Preview

Hi all;

The docs say you can hit Save and then Preview. But I am finding that I have to hit Publish before Preview. Is there something I can set so that is not necessary?

Or does that require my projects be in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\{projectname} so there is no need to copy them?

thanks - dave

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by DavidThi808 View Post
    Hi all;

The docs say you can hit Save and then Preview. But I am finding that I have to hit Publish before Preview. Is there something I can set so that is not necessary?

Or does that require my projects be in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\{projectname} so there is no need to copy them?

thanks - dave
    If your code is being saved in a web friendly directory; you should definitely be able to save and preview without publishing first.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DavidThi808 is on a distinguished road

Hi;

Nope, not a web friendly folder. I have it under c:\src\sencha\sqlserver and I'm on Windows where IIS wants c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sqlserver\.

I can map it across in a virtual directory. It was just reading the help system it made it sound like it would copy without hitting publish regardless of the directory.

thanks - dave

Thread Participants: 1