Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    JeromeA is on a distinguished road

Default Style is different between browser and architect

Style is different between browser and architect

I'm having this weird behavior between my style when it is loaded int he browser versus when it is displayed in Sencha Architect.

I use:
    - architect 222 build 991 (my project is 4.2.x)
    - sencha cmd: v3.1.1.274
    - ext-4.2.0.663

I copmile my sass using the compass tools like it is describe here: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/#!/guide/theming

I remember having this issue because my architect project was 4.1.0 and my ext was 4.2.0, but this is not the case. I see that the editor says 4.2.x... which means 4.2.0 or 4.2.1, etc... can that be the reason? could there be a difference between 4.2.0 and 4.2.1?

If so, isn't there a way to have the same result in browser and architect? like set my architect project to specifically 4.2.0 for example?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I assume this is because my project is compile using 4.2.0 and architect is using 4.2.1. But the architect doesn't leave me the option of choosing.

in architect, the app.html file is using
    http://cdn.sencha.com/ext/gpl/4.2.1/ext-all.js

and I compile using ext-4.2.0.663

is there a way to force a library in the architect? That would be a way to fix what seems to be a flaw.

thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The version of the library that runs inside of the canvas will always be the latest version of 4.2.x. You are correct that this could potentially cause a mismatch of rendering. This is a current limitation of the product.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Would you consider putting this as a project settings, to be able to specify the exact library used by the project.

We can't expect people to modify form based on a different rendering... if 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 are different enough that the rendering is not the same it would be nice to be able to specify the specific library.

I might be oversimplifying this, but it seems like that could be easily resolved by changing the js link in designer.html, unfortunately, it gets overwritten by the architect.

thanks for considering this!
    cheers!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeA View Post
    Would you consider putting this as a project settings, to be able to specify the exact library used by the project.

We can't expect people to modify form based on a different rendering... if 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 are different enough that the rendering is not the same it would be nice to be able to specify the specific library.

I might be oversimplifying this, but it seems like that could be easily resolved by changing the js link in designer.html, unfortunately, it gets overwritten by the architect.

thanks for considering this!
    cheers!
    Jerome - We are in the midst of making this possible on a technical side. We are putting into place some more strict security so that we will be able to allow users to run code inside of the canvas. This is the preliminary work required to do things like run 3rd party user extensions inside of Architect.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Sounds great! thanks for the reply!

Thread Participants: 1