Answers
    Vote Rating
    =NR= has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Unanswered: how to load images file from hard disk

Unanswered: how to load images file from hard disk

Hi all,

Problem: is there anyone can help direct me on how to load images file from device hard disk to the app ? preferably its a step by step or not hard to understand tutorial / article ,best practice most welcomed

Cause: i'm currently building an app with a lot of images, thumbnails and when user click on the image it will go to full screen mode on carousel.
    The problem is that currently my logic will be somwhat using phonegap to locate the images and load it wholly (putting it on memory) and pass it to the view where img component will bind with it through the src config option. (its legacy logic)

as there is a lot of images it will really burden the memory and after going through view images on carousel the app will crashed,

and even if it survive the carousel mode after changing view the memory used for loading those image will not be released although there's already statement to release/destroy the component (get appropriate child component and call its destroy method)

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

This extension should help you out. You can load the images and use the DataUrls:
    https://market.sencha.com/extensions/file-uploading-component-for-sencha-touch

http://mindsaur.com/demo/fileupload/

Answers
    Vote Rating
    =NR= has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi jerome76,

thanks for the reply,

the thing is i need to create a logic where i can go local disk,
    locate all the files based on name (folder will be structured)
    and then save that file location on to sql lite and when need i just need to refer to that record get the file location from the field and set it as "src" value of image component..

*in short i need to be able to save a lot of images to the device, locate each file location and sace the location for future reference and when needed able to load those images (wihout the need of putting the whole image to device memory )

Thread Participants: 1