Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

Default 4.2.1 is a disaster

4.2.1 is a disaster

~
    Attached Images

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts jemptymethod is infamous around these parts

~

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    AjaxSolutions can only hope to improve

I see some regressions, but it's not a disaster.
    Last edited by AjaxSolutions; 1 Jul 2013 at 7:27 AM. Reason: Remove not kind word

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

We do have a comprehensive suite of unit tests and visual tests for buttons, and we do our best to make sure the visual appearance and functionality of components do not change. It is, however, sometimes necessary to make changes to the markup to fix bugs or improve performance, and so we do not guarantee that the markup will stay the same between releases. If your SEO solution is relying on a specific DOM structure to be present, it may not be compatible with future releases.

In Ext JS 4.2.1 in order to fix issues button focus/blur issues we changed the markup used for buttons as follows:

Code:
    <div>
        <div id="{id}-btnWrap">
            <a id="{id}-btnEl">
                <span id="{id}-btnInnerEl">Button Text</span>
                <span id="{id}-btnIconEl"></span>
            </a>
        </div>
    </div>
    Code:
    <a>
        <span id="{id}-btnWrap">
            <span id="{id}-btnEl">
                <span id="{id}-btnInnerEl">Button Text</span>
                <span id="{id}-btnIconEl"></span>
            </span>
        </span>
    </a>
    As you can see, the structure (and IDs and class names) all stayed basically the same, but the anchor element is now the outermost element. This was necessary because in 4.2.0 and earlier it was possible to actually blur a button by clicking on it, if you clicked outside of the anchor element, but on the outer button element. In 4.2.1 the focus state of buttons is more correctly managed, as a click anywhere on the button focuses the button, and a click outside of the button blurs the button.

If you still think there is a bug with buttons in Ext JS 4.2.1 I would appreciate it if you would provide a test case so I can have the chance to fix it, and possibly provide a patch that works for 4.2.1 as well.
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

I reversed back to 4.2.1.774, as auto focus seems not to work at all in 4.2.1 official release. I'm waiting for a new release.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

~

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

~

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

Your test case works fine for me. This is the result I get using Ext JS 4.2.1.883

Code:
        Ext.widget({
            xtype: 'toolbar',
            renderTo: document.body,
            items: [
                {"text":"/home"},
                {"text":"/README","menu":{"items":[{"text":"SeoForExtjs"}]}},
                {"text":"/bin","tooltip":"Software created by Dexygen","menu":{"items":[{"text":"cuesiteview"},{"text":"jackrabbitmvc"},{"text":"tatuMicro"}]}},
                {"text":"/docs","menu":{"items":[{"text":"jackrabbitmvc"}]}},
                {"text":"/opt","tooltip":"Software used by Dexygen","menu":{"items":[{"text":"extjs"},{"text":"fossil"},{"text":"jackrabbitmvc"}]}}
            ]
        });
    Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 6.40.41 AM.png

I think I know what is going on in your app. It looks like you are using Ext JS 4.2.1 JavaScript with 4.2.0 CSS. This is a common mistake, but it is important to remember to upgrade both JS and CSS or the results will be unpredictable. CSS & JS changes are made together, and you can't mix and match between versions.

This is what I get when I use 4.2.0 CSS with 4.2.1 JS:

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 6.49.57 AM.png
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    AjaxSolutions can only hope to improve

Quote Originally Posted by jemptymethod View Post
    Why didn't you have the courage the first time to make a useful reply instead of just down-voting? And totally fubar'ing something as simple as buttons, with the simple configuration I've now provided, is a complete disaster. We've already seen somebody else chime in that 4.2.1 similar fubar'd their site, you think there won't be dozens more?
    Don't call people MORONS especially that it looks like you goofed up your own code.

Even my 8-year old kid knows this much.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

@all

I understand that you are having issues with 4.2.1 but this is a public forum. Please remain respectful of each other according to the terms of use: http://www.sencha.com/legal/terms-of-use/
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.