Vote Rating
    halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pierrocknroll View Post
    OK I understand, thanks ! You've simply added suspend et resume layouts. Nice idea.
    I think this technique could be added in a lot of other internal functions
    Maybe a stupid question, but isn't it far more logical to handle this logic in a controller instead in a patch in a proxy? If you let the controller handle the loading of the store of a grid you simple can wrap the load between a suspend and a resume layout? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jimmylu98 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by halcwb View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but isn't it far more logical to handle this logic in a controller instead in a patch in a proxy? If you let the controller handle the loading of the store of a grid you simple can wrap the load between a suspend and a resume layout? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
    During the initial grid load, any column show/hide and grouping will trig store to load. Suppose two columns (default are hidden) set to show, and another two column (default are show) set to hidden, plus grouping, total store load will be 2+2+1 = 5. Without patch in the proxy, the total layouts will be > 10.

I have tried many possible suspend/resume layout in my application, unable to reduce the total layouts. If you can put a simple example here to match 3.x.x performance, it will be great for the 4.x.x performance.

See original problem and simple test code at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...004&viewfull=1

Vote Rating
    halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylu98 View Post
    During the initial grid load, any column show/hide and grouping will trig store to load. Suppose two columns (default are hidden) set to show, and another two column (default are show) set to hidden, plus grouping, total store load will be 2+2+1 = 5. Without patch in the proxy, the total layouts will be > 10.

I have tried many possible suspend/resume layout in my application, unable to reduce the total layouts. If you can put a simple example here to match 3.x.x performance, it will be great for the 4.x.x performance.

See original problem and simple test code at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...004&viewfull=1
    I will post my reply to that thread, otherwise things get to much off topic over here.

Vote Rating
    pierrocknroll can only hope to improve

[SNIP]
    Last edited by mitchellsimoens; 26 Aug 2013 at 4:31 AM. Reason: bad language

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

@pierrocknroll I have removed your text. Please keep you language professional.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.