Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JAD1951 is on a distinguished road

Default Dragging from tree to grid

Dragging from tree to grid

When I drag an item from a tree to a grid I would like to create a new structure inside the grid based on the dragged data or, it is my case, I would like to launch an AJAX (based on the dragged data) to load a new record(s) to grid store. So I would like to modify the 'handleNodeDrop' inside the 'Ext.grid.ViewDropZone' (see ext-all-debug.js, ligne 111058). Can I override this function ? Or ... ?

Best regards

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

If it were me I think I'd probably extend Ext.grid.ViewDropZone and also Ext.grid.plugin.DragDrop to use my version of ViewDropZone that has the modified handleDrop method.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JAD1951 is on a distinguished road

My problem has begun with the changing of the mouse behaviour : when I want to drag an item from tree then the "mouse down" is defined like clicked and this item is selected. It was not a behaviour for the ExtJs 3.3.
    Exemple: I select an item inside the project view and this click launch the loading the forms. Inside the one form I have a grid which shows the references to the items inside the tree view. When I place a mouse over an item and then I do mouse down to make a drag then the selection change and the forms are reloaded.
    I think that this behaviour is adapted to the tactile ecrans.
    So, en résumé, in which way I can drag a non selected item ?

Best regards

Thread Participants: 1