Vote Rating
    halcwb is a jewel in the rough halcwb is a jewel in the rough halcwb is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Are you talking about Sencha Touch in Action has over 200 errors reported or Ext JS in Action? There are a few bugs in Sencha Touch in Action but no where near 200 in the final print that I have seen.
    As I stated in the quote Ext JS in Action (2nd edition). I bought this book almost a year ago, still in MEAP, still a substantial list of errors. See for yourself on the Manning forum. I just got stuck on the drag and drop code in the book, css specs didn't work, code was probably still related to Ext 3.

It is a good book, only still not finished and for me too late to be usefull.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an author of that book so cannot speak for the status of any bugs fixed. Was just trying to get clarification as this thread was meant for Sencha Touch in Action.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by halcwb View Post
    As I stated in the quote Ext JS in Action (2nd edition). I bought this book almost a year ago, still in MEAP, still a substantial list of errors. See for yourself on the Manning forum. I just got stuck on the drag and drop code in the book, css specs didn't work, code was probably still related to Ext 3.

It is a good book, only still not finished and for me too late to be usefull.
    The manning forum is horrible. I've asked them to upgrade it for the past 3 years and they've done nothing.

In regards to the issues you're seeing for ExtJS in Action, please ping me directly via jay{at}moduscreate.com.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by halcwb View Post
    Very nice, but I am still waiting for you to finish Ext JS in Action which has been in MEAP since october 2011!! Moreover, the errata posted on the forum for this book are over 200. So, I don't know what to believe or not when I read your book.
    Just to be clear, we're in the production phase of this book. Manning has not released an updated MEAP because we're pressed to get the book to print.

It's been in MEAP for so long because the framework keeps changing, invalidating our content.