Vote Rating
    bobg is on a distinguished road

Default Theme Image Custom Color Setting - How To

Theme Image Custom Color Setting - How To

I have extended the ext-theme-classic, set the $base-color, and compiled. The coloring works nicely, except for images. They are still light-blue as per classic. How do I change this?

Any pointers in the right direction will be much appreciated!
    -->

Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

It depends on what images you're talking about - the framing and gradient images for IE (such as for button corners, backgrounds, etc.) should be automatically generated by the Sencha Cmd slicer in the correct colors.

If you're talking about the other images, though, like grid header menu arrows, date field triggers, panel tools, etc. - these are not automatically managed by the framework. If you want to modify their appearance, you'll have to use an image manipulation program of your choice to do it manually, and then place the updated versions in the resources/images folder of your custom theme. It's a bit of a pain, but I can't see how Sencha Cmd could feasibly automate these kinds of changes - and it's still far, far easier than all the tedium that theming required in the days before Sencha Cmd existed.
    -->

Vote Rating
    bobg is on a distinguished road

Hi burnnat - Thanks for responding.

Yes, I am talking about graphic images such as the date triggers (date-trigger.gif).

I can visualize how the gradients, masks or overlays of color on images could be created programmatically. It is unfortunate that they are not.

Indeed, themeing with Ext has gotten much better. Hopefully it will get better with the automatic coloration of graphic images.
    -->

Thread Participants: 1