Vote Rating
    dandfra is on a distinguished road

Cool You found a bug

You found a bug

1. for the problem of quick filter on a column on which the filter is nto defined it is a bug. We are fixing it now. The methods you signaled are called to know if the submenus should be shown or not. Look at the documentation of ContextMenuManager for a better explanation
    2. For the empty value, we ara actually defining it as <field> is null in the backend. What you probably want is a way to define a different default value, and a way to validate the input of the user. We will think to something (I don't know when)
    3. For the demo we will fix it, but first we will correct the bug I think

Thanks for the feedback

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    BlueCamel is on a distinguished road

Awesome. I really do like this way of filtering and I thank you for the quick responses.

Yes, I am doing validation on the backend in php when I generate the SQL WHERE clause. I would do this even if there was front end field validation. Of course, the big advantage of front end field validation is avoiding the AJAX call to do the validation.

I look forward to the patch for the context menu and will checkout SVN when it is available.

Again, thank you much!

Vote Rating
    bobbicat71 is on a distinguished road

Default The repository has been updated

The repository has been updated

The code on SVN repository (https://cherryonext.googlecode.com/svn/trunk) has been updated. Now the bug at contextMenu is resolved. Furthermore, the example "allTogheter" has been changed; was added a dialog asking the user whether or not to apply the filter if the filter's dialog is closed.

Vote Rating

Default Remote filter how to

Remote filter how to

I wrote a little page on the wiki of the google code page and an example PHP implementation on the repository (linked from the wiki page).
    The page is this one:
    http://code.google.com/p/cherryonext...teFiltersHowto

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by bobbicat71 View Post
    The code on SVN repository (https://cherryonext.googlecode.com/svn/trunk) has been updated. Now the bug at contextMenu is resolved. Furthermore, the example "allTogheter" has been changed; was added a dialog asking the user whether or not to apply the filter if the filter's dialog is closed.
    Thanks bobbiecat. The SVN required a password on checkout. Is SVN open for anonymous read or should I wait for the next code drop?

Vote Rating

Default Look at this one

Look at this one

http://code.google.com/p/cherryonext/source/checkout for explanation on howto access the code.
    http://code.google.com/p/cherryonext/wiki/BuildHowTo for instruction on how to build a new packet
    Ciao

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dandfra View Post
    http://code.google.com/p/cherryonext/source/checkout for explanation on howto access the code.
    http://code.google.com/p/cherryonext/wiki/BuildHowTo for instruction on how to build a new packet
    Ciao
    Oh! Thank you very much. Unfortunetly, I am on Linux. I see the srcs dir with the .js files but not the main cherryonext.js and cherryonext-debug.js files. I guess those need Windows to build using JSBuilder?

Vote Rating

Cool You can do with a simple shell script

You can do with a simple shell script

Yes, it uses JSBuilder to build cherryonext.js and cherryonext-debug.js.
    But if you want only produce a file that can be used in your development environment, waiting for a new cherry release (probably sometimes during this week, but this is not a promise), just use a script as the foillowing:
    PHP Code:
    #/bin/sh
    rm -rf cherry-unix.js
    for file in `cat cherryonext.jsb | grep include | cut -d "=" -f 2 | cut -d " " -f 1 | tr \\\\\\\\ /`
    do
      echo 
    $file xargs cat >>  cherry-unix.js
    done 
    As you see it will produce a cherry-unix.js file that you can use insted of cherryonext.js (be aware: comments are not stripped away, the file is not miniefied and so on...)

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mpanderson is on a distinguished road

I really like the Cherry On Ext extension. It works great. I have had one issue that I cannot resolve. I am using the dynamic filter in a nested layout. On firefox (2.0.0.12) when an operator is selected from the combo box, the container scrolls to the top. The same thing can be duplicated using the dynamic demo on the website. If you open the demo in a short window that displays a window scroll bar, and scroll down some before opening the filter window popup, the browser scrolls to the top when an operator is selected. It does not do this for the value field, only the operator combo box.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

This is a nice presentation of the filtering, I like it.

I haven't explored the code yet, so forgive the preemptive questions/suggestions/comments:

You comment about preferences gave me the idea where it would be nice to be able to load saved reports, either preconfigured by the developer, or added by the enduser. By "report" I'm basically thinking of a saved 'batch' of filters. So I guess might connect a store/reader to the filters or something.

This one is probably already in here somewhere but haven't explored further: If the column is using a renderer to transform values from say a field_id (stored in db) to a field description (shown for display in grid) than it would be nice to have the 'value' field for the filter dropdown have the rendered version instead of the field_id.

Final thought for the moment would be another toggle to choose if multiple sorts are combined by 'AND' or 'OR'.