Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    kanchan@rhytha.co.in is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Date Picker not populating after override Expand method.

Answered: Date Picker not populating after override Expand method.

Hi,

I wanted to set different date in date picker by replacing default date of date picker that comes system date.
    for that i override Date field - below is my code -

Date picker.png

Now i was expecting myDate as default in picker.
    But picker is not populating when i click on picker to select date it showing error -

"TypeError: date.getTime is not a function" .

Also i tried - new Date() in place of myDate.

Please let us know what's wrong with my code?

Thank you.

2. You override a base functionality, and of course it's stoped works.
    Code below it's a code of expand( ) method.
    I think at least you need call me.fireEvent('expand', me); and picker.show(); or copy all code of base method and add your code .
    But you can use not override method , you can define "expand" method in your components then add your functionality and call this.callParent() function.
    Code:
    expand: function() {
            var me = this,            bodyEl, picker, collapseIf;        if (me.rendered && !me.isExpanded && !me.isDestroyed) {            bodyEl = me.bodyEl;            picker = me.getPicker();            collapseIf = me.collapseIf;            // show the picker and set isExpanded flag            picker.show();            me.isExpanded = true;            me.alignPicker();            bodyEl.addCls(me.openCls);            // monitor clicking and mousewheel            me.mon(Ext.getDoc(), {                mousewheel: collapseIf,                mousedown: collapseIf,                scope: me            });            Ext.EventManager.onWindowResize(me.alignPicker, me);            me.fireEvent('expand', me);            me.onExpand();         }

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Ilay is on a distinguished road

Check format : String property of your picker

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi,

I checked with date format and

I have changed my code according to error - "TypeError: date.getTime is not a function" .

For that i converted date string to date-time as below -

var myDate = new Date("08/07/2013");

Now error is stopped but picker still not populating.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Ilay is on a distinguished road

You override a base functionality, and of course it's stoped works.
    Code below it's a code of expand( ) method.
    I think at least you need call me.fireEvent('expand', me); and picker.show(); or copy all code of base method and add your code .
    But you can use not override method , you can define "expand" method in your components then add your functionality and call this.callParent() function.
    Code:
    expand: function() {
            var me = this,            bodyEl, picker, collapseIf;        if (me.rendered && !me.isExpanded && !me.isDestroyed) {            bodyEl = me.bodyEl;            picker = me.getPicker();            collapseIf = me.collapseIf;            // show the picker and set isExpanded flag            picker.show();            me.isExpanded = true;            me.alignPicker();            bodyEl.addCls(me.openCls);            // monitor clicking and mousewheel            me.mon(Ext.getDoc(), {                mousewheel: collapseIf,                mousedown: collapseIf,                scope: me            });            Ext.EventManager.onWindowResize(me.alignPicker, me);            me.fireEvent('expand', me);            me.onExpand();         }

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi Ilay,

Thank for your answer it work by some modification .. we don't need - me.onExpand(); last line of code becoz it reset date to current date.

I was looking in datefield expand event before that not in picker expand field.

Thank you very much.

Thread Participants: 1