Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Talamond is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Slide out menu

Answered: Slide out menu

Hello,

I'm new to sencha touch and I've been browsing the kitchensink and other documentation, but I have not found any component that is the "slide out menu", which exists in many apps such as the facebook android app. Generally, the "slide out menu" appears when a user presses a button on the screen or drags the screen to the right or left, which makes the menu appear (please see screenshot). I don't think there's any component that does this? Ext.ActionSheet comes pretty close, but does not have the exact behavior I want. I wonder how I might go about making my own component for this?

Thanks
    Attached Images

2. There have been attempts to create this before.

One example by Weston Nielson has a demo of it (also available on the Sencha Market).

Another, and a little more recent, is a plugin by innofied.com which also has a demo.

I hope this helps.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

There have been attempts to create this before.

One example by Weston Nielson has a demo of it (also available on the Sencha Market).

Another, and a little more recent, is a plugin by innofied.com which also has a demo.

I hope this helps.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Talamond is on a distinguished road

Wow thank you so much! These all look like great resources, I'm sure I'll be able to get it working now, thanks!

Thread Participants: 1