Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    theCowboy is on a distinguished road

Default How to listen for the grid losing focus?

How to listen for the grid losing focus?

I have an editable grid (using cell editor) that I want to listen to an event to once the user leaves the grid, either through tabbing out of it or clicking elsewhere in the page. I know how to make the blur event fire in the columns, but I want to do that for the overall grid panel.

I see that Ext.grid.Panel has a blur event, but I can't seem to make it fire.

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I'm afraid the grid component doesn't actually fire the focus and blur events (you'll see it documented, but as an anomaly of grid extending from AbstractComponent). You'll have to set up key event listeners for any tab key event and a click listener on the document / viewport and check to see if the event happened within the grid's containing element or not.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

C
    heck out all of the 2013 SenchaCon presentations here:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/senchacon...now-available/

Thread Participants: 1