Selection issue from SimpleComboBox in GridRowEditing

I have a Grid (grid)
    and bindded GridRowEditing (editableGrid) to Grid

like following,
    editableGrid.setEditableGrid(grid);

GridRowEditing (editableGrid) has SimpleComboBox (combo1) like following
    editableGrid.addEditor(columnConfigFeild_1, combo1);

-Following is good case,
    When user clicks on SimpleComboBox and mouse-over different values in that list, it high-lights those values, and user can select any value easily.

-Uncomfortable situation is
    Once a value is selected, now user want to select different value,
    When mouse is moved to different value in list, it high-light that value and with in fraction of second, previous value is high-lighted, although mouse pointer is still on new value, (so even different value is high-lighted and mouse pointer is on new value) if user clicks new value, that gets selected.

-Problem is
    if there are large no. of values in the list, a scroll-bar appears on right side of list ...
    Suppose user has selected one of the top value on first time
    but now user wants to select one of bottom value of list, user try to use scroll-bar,
    user takes scroll bar down; but with in fraction of second, earlier value is high-lighted and scroll bar is moved to up...

As of now, user is picking middle value, and latter picks new desired value from bottom, so that use of scroll-bar can be avoided...

I am not sure, how to over-come from this issue.... and would appreciate any help....
    thanks...

---
    using :

Sencha GXT 3.0.1
    Windows XP
    IE8

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This sounds like it could be a bug, though I'm going to need a little more information to confirm. Does this happen in any other browser? Does it happen when the combobox is *not* in a grid row editing, but just in a simple form?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Whoops, I missed a step when trying it for myself. Answers to my own questions: Yes, it happens in all browsers, and yes, it works even in a simple form. You can reproduce with the top two combo boxes at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:combobox

However, this appears to have been fixed. I'm not certain of which bug it was exactly, but it looks a lot like EXTGWT-2626 (filed via support ticket, so no forum link), which was fixed in GXT 3.0.3. You can confirm that this bug no longer happens in the latest stable support release at http://qa.sencha.com:8080/examples-3...Place:combobox

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sunafi is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks

Thanks

Yes, your answers to the doubts are correct... I am trying for given links... thank you for your reply...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sunafi is on a distinguished road

Default GXT 3.0.3 is not available without licence...

GXT 3.0.3 is not available without licence...

It looks like GXT 3.0.3 lib is only available to licence holders....

any info when it is available otherwise... I read a thread dated Jun 2012 and was mentioned that expected by end of year (2012)... but seems need to wait more...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    balakishan.r is on a distinguished road

I am using Sencha's Row Editable grid example for GridRowEditing with SimpleComboBox. Grid is showing like below with entire proxy name. Only difference is, loading the grid data using request factory.

Can anyone help me, why it is showing like this.

GridRowEditor.jpg

Thanks,
    Balakishan

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    almagnit is on a distinguished road

You need custom ValueProvider in your proxy properties.
    Look at the implementation of BaseDtoProperties.java in TreeGridToTreeGrid example