Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dcarlier is on a distinguished road

Default Custom theme load in Architect 2

Custom theme load in Architect 2

Hi,

I've created a theme through the documentation of http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/guide/theming.
    I want to load this theme into my current project. (This is an existing 4.2.1 project I've created earlier).
    All I could find in the docs was the header Sharing a Theme Between Applications

But this duplicates the theme into a new project, instead of implementing it into an existing one.

In the Resources > Library there is a config called Theme, there are only the four default themes available. Instead of hacking the source code and loading the generated css, is there a way to load the custom theme in my project?

Thanks in advance for taking the effort to read this.

David.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Hi dcarlier,

Currently in 2.2 the only way to import your theme inside Architect is to import my-custom-theme-all.css after you compiled the theme. You will have to maintain scss outside Architect, and follow the procedure as in the docs.

However, for Architect 3.0 we are working on a lot of new theme-related features, including easy export, import and editing of theme variables. The preview release of 3.0 will be available in a few weeks, so stay tuned.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jacoviza is on a distinguished road

Default Has this been improved in Architect 3?

Has this been improved in Architect 3?

I have Sencha Architect 3, I want to know if importing a theme has been made possible now... I can't find any guide that teaches how to do it.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

If you have a theme that has been created before Architect 3, then you can still import a precompiled CSS file of the theme into a project.

If you have a theme that has been created with Architect 3 and exported, you can import it to your toolbox by selecting Edit->Import Component and selecting the exported file. This will add the theme to your toolbox. After this you can just drag and drop it into your project library from the toolbox.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jacoviza is on a distinguished road

The theme I'm trying to apply was not created with Sencha Architect 3. I added the precompiled css as a resource and is working now.