Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    josh.tingle is on a distinguished road

Default generate app - set default starter application

generate app - set default starter application

I've been looking for a way to have the 'generate app' command generate a predefined default application other than the default CMD already generates. I would assume that it could be similar to the way a theme gets generated by extending the existing theme, but I haven't found anything about how to do it.

Is this possible? If so, where do I construct the default application, and tell CMD to use it when the 'generate app' command is issued?

Thanks for the help!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MikeRH will become famous soon enough

I am also interested in this. I generally have a base template I create for all my internal applications and would like sencha cmd to build it for me.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

@josh.tingle:
    I'm not quite sure what you're looking to do. Can you elaborate?

@MikeRH:
    I wonder if you'd be able to hook into a before / after event in the application's build.xml file. You can pass Ant operations (triggers) before and after a number of operations including -before-page which would run prior to the application being built in the Cmd build process.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Perhaps what you're looking for is the --starter option. From there you can specify your own entry template directory.

--starter, -s - Overrides the default Starter App template directory
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#...mand_reference
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    josh.tingle is on a distinguished road

@slemmon

--starter, -s - Overrides the default Starter App template directory

That is precisely the information I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Thread Participants: 2