1. #1
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    38
    Vote Rating
    1
    Shehul is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Automatic logon with current username and password doesn't work sometimes for IE

    Automatic logon with current username and password doesn't work sometimes for IE


    Hello,

    Does anyone know why IE during Single Sign on session(IE8 and IE9) sends a authorization header and no request data during AJAX request even though session is valid?

    We are using WCF and ExtJS 3.2.

    I have posted the question to Microsoft website but they suggested to ask ExtJS community.

    Full details of the problem is here,

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...?prof=required

  2. #2
    Sencha - Support Team slemmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    5,417
    Vote Rating
    201
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

      0  

    Default


    How are you sending the login / auth request up to your server? Is it via a form? A stand alone AJAX call? Can you share your code you're using for the request?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

  3. #3
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    38
    Vote Rating
    1
    Shehul is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Sorry for late reply,

    The code is a basic ExtJS AJax request.

    here is our code, we just change Urls and Parameter during the session to load different data in our pages,

    var ajax = Ext.Ajax;
    ajax.timeout = 180000;
    ajax.request({
    url: ourServerUrl + "/LogOn",
    method: "POST",
    jsonData: Ext.util.JSON.encode({
    //our paras
    }),
    headers: {
    Accept: "application/json"
    },
    success: function() {
    //on success
    },
    failure: function(response, options) {
    //on failure
    }

  4. #4
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    38
    Vote Rating
    1
    Shehul is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Also anyone please note that this problem is not happening for Chrome and Firefox.

  5. #5
    Sencha - Support Team slemmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    5,417
    Vote Rating
    201
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

      0  

    Default


    I'm testing with the below test case in IE8 on Win7 and the Ajax request is being made successfully. I'm using Fiddler to inspect the request and I see it leaving successfully with a JSON payload (Content-Length: 13 in this case).

    Perhaps the issue you're seeing is something local machine / network related? I've used the Ext ajax requests on IE7 and IE8 quite a bit in the past (on Ext3 and Ext4) with no issues myself.

    Code:
    var ajax = Ext.Ajax;
    ajax.timeout = 180000;
    ajax.request({
        url: "serverUrl",
        method: "POST",
        jsonData: Ext.util.JSON.encode( { foo: 'bar' } ),
        headers: {
            Accept: "application/json"
        },
        success: function () {
            //on success    
        },
        failure: function (response, options) {
            //on failure 
        }
    });

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    891
    Vote Rating
    9
    wm003 will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default


    We had the same similar problem using an old version of mod_sspi for Apache a while back. IE6-8 was just forgetting POST Variables. All other browsers worked.

    From the beginning with IE9 this didn't happen anymore.

    Try using "method:'GET',"

Thread Participants: 2

Tags for this Thread