Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Andreas Samjeske will become famous soon enough

Default Getting thrown out of forum without "remember me"

Getting thrown out of forum without "remember me"

If I don't aktivate "remember me" option on login, I get constantly kicked out of forum and have to relogin. Posting and visiting certain threads is impossible.

Is it me, my browser settings or this forum causing this issue?

FF 17.0.7 ESR (Cookies allowed, JS activated, no plugins like adblock etc.)
    Win7 64bit

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Seems to be working from here. The 'remember me' is handled through the use of cookies. Could you be having an issue with a proxy?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    Seems to be working from here. The 'remember me' is handled through the use of cookies. Could you be having an issue with a proxy?
    I guess the login without "remember me" is handled through cookies aswell. But that might be a session cookie. So, the "remember me" option shouldn't make a big difference to the current session, but to me it does!

Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

If your privacy settings don't allow local data to be stored in your browser sessions then you'll most likely be logged out. This has happened to me until I allowed cookies on my browser - and it happens in Chrome's incognito mode as well so it is the session data being stored.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jerome76 View Post
    If your privacy settings don't allow local data to be stored in your browser sessions then you'll most likely be logged out. This has happened to me until I allowed cookies on my browser - and it happens in Chrome's incognito mode as well so it is the session data being stored.
    Of course cookies are allowed. I guess, otherwise the login with "remember me" wouldn't work either.

Again, the weird thing is:
    - with "remember me" everything is fine
    - without "remember me" I have to relogin after every click.

I doubt this is an issue with my browser settings. I guess it is a server side problem.
    Is there something wrong, if the server tries to generate a "session cookie"?

Vote Rating
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Samjeske View Post
    Again, the weird thing is:
    - with "remember me" everything is fine
    - without "remember me" I have to relogin after every click.
    That doesn't seem weird to me at all. If no persistent data that carries special permissions is being stored and when you navigate to a page that requires those permissions then of course it will ask you to log in again to send that data.
    Sencha Touch 2.x
    Ext.ux.MultiBadgeButton - Forum | GitHub
    Ext.field.SmallRadio - Forum | GitHub

Ext JS 4.x
    Ext Calendar Pro - Time Indicator - Forum| GitHub

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jerome76 View Post
    That doesn't seem weird to me at all. If no persistent data that carries special permissions is being stored and when you navigate to a page that requires those permissions then of course it will ask you to log in again to send that data.
    I think, it is this way:
    - "remember me" active -> long living cookies stored (typically 1 year)
    - "remember me" deactive -> session cookies stored; expires when browser shuts down.

Your statements reads like: without "remember me" there is no session information stored and that is fine.
    Totally weird to me!

Vote Rating

Although we don't agree, I understand what you expect.
    Sencha Touch 2.x
    Ext.ux.MultiBadgeButton - Forum | GitHub
    Ext.field.SmallRadio - Forum | GitHub

Ext JS 4.x
    Ext Calendar Pro - Time Indicator - Forum| GitHub

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

So this is only happening with Firefox? If it's working in chrome or IE, perhaps it is indeed some kind of privacy setting in Firefox. Can you confirm that you are not arriving through a proxy?

Vote Rating
    halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about halcwb has a spectacular aura about

I have a problem accessing a specific thread. First I replied to the thread, then I got a reaction, but know I am not allowed to visit the thread anymore?

Thread.