Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    xvart is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Navigation bar with buttons

Unanswered: Navigation bar with buttons

So here is my new problem:

I have a navigation bar with some buttons on it and they look perfect in Architect and in Ripple. However, on the device the buttons are missing. Tried to put them in many ways but they are not there no matter what. I also remember that before the BlackBerry theme, I would see the buttons on the menu. I still get the back button though. Anyone seen an issue like this?

The below image is from Ripple. Yet in the DAB there are no Feeds and About buttons...

bar_buttons.png

Vote Rating
    shikhir is on a distinguished road

Default compile with -d tag

compile with -d tag

Is there anything else strange about the ActionBar?

Try packaging with enabling the BlackBerry Web Inspector and trying and see the properties of the icons.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/enabling_webinsp_microsite_1987478_11.html

Take a snapshot of the screen and post(by pressing volume up and down at same time).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the reply, I did not know about the Web Inspector. Here is what I see:

If you remember I have the buttons in Sencha and Ripple but not on the actual device, and looking at the app with the Web Inspector (from the computer) tells me that they just are not there! (I can see the back button code clearly, which was always visible from the phone.)

I was expecting them to have let's say empty image, or wrong x,y coordinates but they simply are not there.
    Last edited by xvart; 16 Aug 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I kind of figured it out. It seems something wrong with the Architect setup; I was using the Touch 2.3 for the BlackBerry theme and packaging. However, in the Architect you (at least I) could not update the project library any further than Touch 2.2.

Packaging with 2.2 and still using the 2.3 theme gave me a stable but not perfect output (The title bar is not there as an independent entity but rather the title is in the bottom navigation bar but the buttons are there). I will wait for the official release for the next update of my app.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    NaveenanM is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am glad you figured it out. The SenchaTouch 2.3 is scheduled to GA at the end of the month. All the issues should be fixed by then.

Thanks

Naveen M
    Naveenan Murugesu
    BlackBerry Application Development Consultant
    nmurugesu@rim.com
    https://developer.blackberry.com/

Thread Participants: 2