Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ngd is an unknown quantity at this point

Default [4.1.3] Grid focus is lost after popup

[4.1.3] Grid focus is lost after popup

I have a grid and have defined keyboard shortcuts. The problem is that if something pops up and I close it, the grid loses focus. For example, let's say that I click on a menu item in the grid that pops up a panel and I click on cancel in the floating panel. The panel closes but the grid loses focus.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a bug. When you close the window, the focused dom element gets destroyed, which means the focus returns to the default element (the document).

We don't attempt to track any kind of focus stack, it would end up being quite complicated and involved.

As a trivial example:

Code:
    var bar = Ext.get('bar'),
        foo = Ext.get('foo');

bar.focus();
    foo.focus();
    foo.dom.parentNode.innerHTML = '';
    // Now what? The focus has been moved to the document since foo is destroyed and we have no way of knowing
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ngd is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand what you are saying. I will restate the problem. The Grid is in the main page, not the popup. The popup is some other panel (e.g. a Form). When the form is 'canceled' why can't the focus be returned to the grid?

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

As I said above, we don't make any attempt to track focus in such a way.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Thread Participants: 1