Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    moee is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Sencha Desktop Packager App Freezes on window open on Windows

Answered: Sencha Desktop Packager App Freezes on window open on Windows

I was using the trial version of Sencha Desktop Package and everything worked fine when compiling and running my app, and then as soon as I bought a license and activated the ionpackage.exe file, then i recompiled my app that used to work and now the app freezes when it tries to open the first window. Here is the code I am using:

to open the window upon app launch:

Code:
    var wnd = new Ion.ui.Window({url:'lang.html', visible: false});
    wnd.setDimensions(450, 200);
    wnd.setType('window');
    wnd.center();
    wnd.show();
    and my whole screen appears to freeze and then i have to press Alt-Tab to switch to another app that is not frozen in the background and then i end the app with the task manager, but it freezes???? Does anyone know what is going on.... it was just working fine a few minutes ago and now everytime i try to open the window it freezes

2. Ahhh I found the problem.... when I remove the line wnd.setType('window'); it fixes the issue and the window opens normal. This is probably a bug of some sort. Anyways, I am glad I figured it out

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

everytime i try to open a window using the code above, the window malfunctions, it stretches out to the end of the screen and freezes the screen. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? This window was working just fine, until i purchased a license for sencha desktop packager and activated the ionpackage.exe file. Now everytime i try to open the window above, it freezes... what is going on??? Help!!

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Thumbs up I found the problem!

I found the problem!

Ahhh I found the problem.... when I remove the line wnd.setType('window'); it fixes the issue and the window opens normal. This is probably a bug of some sort. Anyways, I am glad I figured it out