Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    swigle is on a distinguished road

Default Save bug in Sencha Architect on Mac when only using copy/paste

Save bug in Sencha Architect on Mac when only using copy/paste

Hi,

I'm experiencing a save bug in Sencha Architect 2. If I make changes in a controller function only by means of copy / paste, changes are only saved to the 'app' directory, not to the metadata directory. This causes the changes to be overwritten on the next start of Sencha Architect.

Thx,
    Bjorn

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Let me make sure I understand correctly.

You open up a controller function in Architect; paste contents into the function and then save and it only writes to generated code in the app directory and does not write to the metadata directory?

The next time Architect starts up and you save it doesn't have the new function in the app directory or the metadata directory?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Correct.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We'll try to reproduce it. Does it consistently happen?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Not consistently but also not difficult. There seems to be a relation with the collapse option on the toolbox. If I collapse the toolbox, or make it visible again the bug is likely to occur. I can easily see it if I do a 'svn status' on my tree. SVN only records a change in the js file in the app directory, not in metadata directory.

I just recorded a screencast that shows the bug. I can sent it to your direct e-mail address if you want.

Thx,
    Bjorn

Vote Rating

email it to architect.feedback at sencha.com and send a link to this thread
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Will send it to you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any news? Our trial expires in a few days, but we will switch to development without SA if there is no fix. It is very frustrating SA does not save our code.

I'm hitting the bug from this post as well:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-close-program

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    wayne.rudd will become famous soon enough

This sounds similar to a problem I have been experiencing, a fix is apparently on it's way...

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.rudd View Post
    This sounds similar to a problem I have been experiencing, a fix is apparently on it's way...
    Yes, I think these both may have been related. The issue was if you entered something very quickly (or pasted) and then saved rapidly.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran