You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-10990 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fischerw is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.util.Positionable.getConstrainVector() incorrectly handles insets

Ext.util.Positionable.getConstrainVector() incorrectly handles insets

In 4.2.1, in the code block starting on line 669 of Ext.util.Positionable, the constraintInsets are used to adjust constrainTo.

if (constraintInsets) {
    constraintInsets = Ext.isObject(constraintInsets) ? constraintInsets : Ext.Element.parseBox(constraintInsets);
    constrainTo.adjust(constraintInsets.top, constraintInsets.right, constraintInsets.bottom, constraintInsets.length);
    }

As indicated by the bold text, it is passing constraintInsets.length, when it should be constraintInsets.left.

Also, in the Ext.util.Region.adjust() function, it is adding the right and bottom insets to the constrainTo values. But, since these are defined as insets, it should be subtracting the insets from the right and bottom values.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for reporting this issue. Do you by any chance have a test case which reproduces the issue for our developers to look at?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fischerw is on a distinguished road

Not a simple test case. But, if they just look at the code in Ext.util.Positionable.getConstrainVector(), where constrainTo.adjust() is called, it is very obvious that the last parameter should be constraintInsets.left, not constrainInsets.length.

For the second part, I'm not as concerned about it, I can just make my insets a negative number to achieve what I want.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Thread Participants: 1