Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    WeeJavaDude is on a distinguished road

Default Is there a way to do a direct Store without returning a list

Is there a way to do a direct Store without returning a list

I am using extdrirectspring and I have a call that returns a structure and in it is the a couple of lists that I will be breaking down into stores. Looking at documentation it appears that ExtDirect to store only supports list.

If this is the case, what is the best practice here. Do I create a list of one item or should I create a Class that fires a direct call and then adds the results to the Store.

Thanks in Advance for your thoughts.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Dug a bit more and still am confused. I see a lot of examples doing a JSON call and then being able to pick a list out of that JSON call. In regards to a ExtDirect and a Store there seems to be this assumption that a list will always come back and in the real world you get things like.

Structure with a list and possible some status information.
    Structure with multiple list that you want to put into multiple stores.

What am I missing here? Really want to encapsulate my data calls into Stores but using ExtDirect with Stores seems rather limited and I am starting to think I might need to have a helper class type system, make a direct call, and then on the Client side extract the data and fill the store.

Really could use some help here.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So you want to return multiple arrays for different stores? I don't really follow.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Not multiple Stores

Not multiple Stores

Problem is this and perhaps it is around very poor documentation on Ext-Direct. I have Store that is going to make a Direct call. That call is not returning a list. It is returning a structure that has two lists in it plus some other fields. I want to place those two lists into Stores and at the same time read a status for success or failure. From the quick read of the docs and examples (Not a lot there), I got the impression I can only return a list. The other things that seem to be missing are.

1) What happens if an Java Exception occurs.
    2) There is a success field that is part of the return values. When is it true and if it is false how do I get more info on why it is false.

Hopefully this clarifies what I am asking. I saw examples of how to create two stores from a single call but it was not down in a Store if I recall. I am currently creating an basic object and doing it there but it would be really nice if I could encapsulate it all into a store.

Is there any really good Ext-Direct Store examples and documenation?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can do this 3 ways:

1) One of the great things about using Direct is it can batch requests into a single Ajax request. This means if you have 2 stores loading within a threshold it will actually do a single request to load both stores.

2) Use hasMany associations which will create 2 stores for the one record in the "main" store.

3) Execute the direct api directly and handle the data in the response.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I think I might not be describing this properly.

1) I am sending a single request that returns a structure. The structure has two arrays in it that I want to fill the Store with. I am not sending multiple requests.

2) We are using ExtDirectSpring. The documentation I am looking at is at https://github.com/ralscha/extdirect...re-Read-Method. Since they are implementing the Ext-direct spec I am looking at the API and it seems to not handle a structure well.

3) Right now I am creating a specific class with the purpose making a ExtDirect call and then manually push the data into the stores. Trying to avoid it but I am starting to think this is not possible.

4) Normally in a client to server communication you have two type of errors. One is an Exception thrown by the server for abnormal conditions. The other might be a status code. From what I can tell with the Store implementation (From reading) both of these are not handled well. I read something about turning the router in debug mode to handle exceptions which of course is not what I want to do. So back to the question.. With Stores, how do I handle exceptions from the server and how do handle returning some status meta data.

Am I missing something? Still confused. Can you elaborate more on your #3 suggestion.

Thread Participants: 1