You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-3229 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Rambabu.Kokkiligadda is on a distinguished road

Default visited menu-items are shown as selected when revisted in IE10

visited menu-items are shown as selected when revisted in IE10

Hi,

In my application, we encountered an issue with menu items on every selection. Previous selected menu items are shown as selected for every visit. Please see the attached image.
    visited-menu.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Which version of GXT are you using? I cannot reproduce this on IE10 in Win8 with GXT 3.0.6 at http://qa.sencha.com:8080/examples-3.0.6/

Screen Shot 2013-08-28 at 11.16.21 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-08-28 at 11.16.39 AM.jpg

It looks as though you might be using a custom theme, as your images don't appear to be quite like mine in the explorer - if this is the case, can you try using the default menu appearances to see if that fixes it?

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I am using GXT2.3.0. Even I checked with GXT2.3.0 examples and found the same issue(attached image below). Seems this issue is not fixed. Please provide any hot fix if available ready.

Regards,
    Rambabu
    Attached Images

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Are there specific steps to follow to get this to happen, or specific versions? Here is what I am doing, and still cannot reproduce this (still using IE10 on Win8:
    1. Navigate to http://sencha.com/examples-2 and open the MenuBar example
    2. Click "File", confirm that "New" and "Open File >" are visible
    3. Hover over "Open File >", confirm that "readme.txt" and "helloworld.txt" are visible
    4. Click on readme.txt or helloworld.txt, confirm that both menu popups disappear
    5. Again, Click "File", confirm step one
    6. Again, Hover over "Open File >", confirm that both files are visible as normal
    If you are following different steps than these exact ones, please clarify, as I can't yet reproduce this issue.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.38.18 AM.jpg

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Same is observed. Here are the steps followed:
    Step1: Navigate to http://sencha.com/examples-2 and open the MenuBar example
    Step2: Selected File > Open File > readme.txt
    Step3: Again re-visited the spte2 and observed that readme.txt menu-item background was greyed-out. Same is the problem with other menu items too.

Selection and working of the menu-items are fine. Problem here is with back-ground color for previous selected menus.

IE version details are as shown below:
    IE-10.jpg

Windows version details are as shown below:
    windows.jpg

Problem depicted screen-shot:
    menu-selected.jpg

Regards,
    Rambabu

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

I wasn't aware that Windows Server 2008 ran IE8, and it looks like the bug might be specific to that OS. Is this a development environment, or are you expecting users to run your webapp to work in that OS? If not, make sure that this bug does happen in the real environment they will be using.

I will need to work to get a copy of Windows Server 2008 - microsoft doesn't offer it as one of the 'standard' sets of OS/Browser combinations at http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools. In the mean time, can you also confirm that there are no browser add-ons that might be contribuing to this?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

Moved to GXT 2 bugs and filed, we'll continue to update this with any progress as we try to reproduce this and get more feedback.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

We have both developing and production mode in windows 2008 server as well. Customer may browse the application in Windows 2008 server with IE-10. Also we need test the application in this environment as well. This exists even in real time environment too. I am confirming no other browser add-ons are contributing to this.

Please let me know once the fix is available for GXT 2.3.0 version.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

As 2.3.0 has already been released, it cannot be in that version, and we are in the process of freezing 2.3.1, so it is very unlikely to make that version (too much risk of causing a breaking change), but we will target this for 2.3.2, or 2.3.1 if regressions cause the release to wait longer.

Have you reported this before now? Did this issue occur in earlier versions?

Thread Participants: 1