Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality_ny is on a distinguished road

Default TEMP folder over 400GB

TEMP folder over 400GB

Sencha started not showing me assets when I was previewing. When I restarted, it worked again. Then, about an hour later it started to happen again. When I did a disk cleanup to see if the TEMP folder had too much, it turned out to have 455GB, nearly my entire HD space. There should be some way that when Sencha is closed, it removes all the temp files in the temp directory. This was a result of about 30 days of work with many (greater than 20) previews (combination of scene and project previews) per day.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the report...455GB seems quite a huge number though, are you sure everything was generated only by Animator? System temp folders are usually purged by the OS periodically - but in any case it should be always safe to empty the folder manually as well.

Can you tell us which OS are you using and we will look into it if there are reasons why the temp folders might not be emptied?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality_ny is on a distinguished road

Default 1,770 folder remaining (appx 90GB)

1,770 folder remaining (appx 90GB)

I went to the folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\SenchaAnimator) and after already deleting a bunch of folders, there are still 1,770 folder remaining (appx 90Gb). I'm on Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit with an Intel i5 2.5 GHz processor, 8GB Ram.

After deleting some of the folders, I can only tell you now that the earliest folder I have in there is from 8/7/13. On average, each folder is about 100mb as they contain a lot of high-res images and two videos. Each folder contains all of these assets because rather than Sencha Animator outputting the assets to a single folder and updating them, it's just duplicating them and creating new folders.

Thread Participants: 1