Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    woolhead is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Display empty strings in list

Answered: Display empty strings in list

Hey,
    I have a list, with some items. It is styled like a table via itemTpl.
    In the form, where I can add items, are some mandatory fields and some optional.
    Now the list should always be formatted like the second entry in the example image.
    When I leave the optional field in my form empty, it is saved as "" (also tried just saving spaces so it is saved like this: " "). The list looks now like the first row in my example.
    How can I get the list to "display" empty strings?
    empty_item.jpg

2. I set the white-space property to pre and the controller removes from the "empty" field the white-space when the form gets loaded. It also adds a white-space if the form is saved while the field is still empty.
    Not really nice, but it works for now.

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

I'm not sure this is possible but have you tried using the <pre> tag in your itemTpl
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...ML/Element/pre

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

No I haven't ^^ now it works if there is at least a space while it's still not working if I have an empty string. But this is better than nothing. Thanks!

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I set the white-space property to pre and the controller removes from the "empty" field the white-space when the form gets loaded. It also adds a white-space if the form is saved while the field is still empty.
    Not really nice, but it works for now.

Thread Participants: 1