Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fgonzalez_lhi is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Newbie: How to drag and drop buttons to a specific area on the design window

Unanswered: Newbie: How to drag and drop buttons to a specific area on the design window

How can I drag and drop a button to a panel's lower right hand corner (i.e. as in a Submit button). How does one do this?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by fgonzalez_lhi View Post
    How can I drag and drop a button to a panel's lower right hand corner (i.e. as in a Submit button). How does one do this?
    Are you talking about a Touch or Ext project? If you're talking about Ext; your layout would have to be absolute.

If you're putting this in a toolbar; then take a look at: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#...toolbar.Spacer
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default This is for a Project (using Sencha Architect)

This is for a Project (using Sencha Architect)

I'm not sure what you mean by absolute (remember I'm a newbie). This button is a submit button...and as with all submit buttons they are located on the bottom right portion of a page. Pardon my ignorance on this but, I thought, setting the Design|Code toggle to Design, I would be able to drop a button wherever I wanted to on the panel. Instead, it snaps to the upper right hand corner. So as I'm trying to place these elements, is it not as simple as eyeballing them in on the Panel. Thanks for your help on this.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jminnick has a spectacular aura about jminnick has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by fgonzalez_lhi View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by absolute (remember I'm a newbie). This button is a submit button...and as with all submit buttons they are located on the bottom right portion of a page. Pardon my ignorance on this but, I thought, setting the Design|Code toggle to Design, I would be able to drop a button wherever I wanted to on the panel. Instead, it snaps to the upper right hand corner. So as I'm trying to place these elements, is it not as simple as eyeballing them in on the Panel. Thanks for your help on this.
    Again, making an assumption your project is an Ext project.

Click on your panel in the Project Inspector; in the config pane in the lower right you will see a Layout property. Change it to absolute (the default is anchor) and you can drag/drop your components wherever you'd like on the panel.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Thanks

Thanks

Thank you, this answered my question.

Thread Participants: 1