Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shanksencha is on a distinguished road

Default Upgrading to GXT3.0 - Radio button testing

Upgrading to GXT3.0 - Radio button testing

Hi All

I am upgrading my app to GXT 3.0. I have written a simple page to create a radio button.
    While I build my application I get the following error.

Request your inputs

[ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/core/client/resources/ThemeStyles.java'
    [ERROR] Line 26: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.core.client.resources.ThemeStyles.ThemeAppearance' must be a class

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default GWT 3.0 Upgrade - Issues faced during compile time

GWT 3.0 Upgrade - Issues faced during compile time

Hi All

I have created a simple class to create a TextField and return the widget .
    Using gxt-3.0.1.jar.

During compile time I run into
    [java] Compiling module com.tradiant.shared.userinterface.widgetlibrary.widgetlibrary
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/cell/core/client/form/TextInputCell.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 38: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.cell.core.client.form.TextInputCell.TextFieldAppearance' must be a class
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/core/client/resources/ThemeStyles.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 26: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.core.client.resources.ThemeStyles.ThemeAppearance' must be a class
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/widget/core/client/tips/Tip.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 65: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.tips.Tip.TipAppearance' must be a class
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/widget/core/client/form/error/SideErrorHandler.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 136: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.error.SideErrorHandler.SideErrorTooltipAppearance' must be a clas
    [java] [ERROR] Errors in 'com/sencha/gxt/widget/core/client/button/IconButton.java'
    [java] [ERROR] Line 122: Rebind result 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.button.IconButton.IconButtonAppearance' must be a class
    [try] Task 'if' in target 'compile.gwt.module' failed, error message is: Java returned: 1

Any suggestions ??

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This almost always indicates setup problems in your application, or that other errors occurred earlier in the build. Please post the full build log and any other relevant files - your entrypoint, module file, etc.

(edit: merged and moved to gxt 3)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Fixed - this issue

Fixed - this issue

These classes belong to following packages. these needs to be added to your gwt.xml
    <inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.Base"/>
    <inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.Blue"/>

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Base should not be required - Blue includes Base automatically. If you have an inherits statement for com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT itself, it will include Blue also.

Since you need those, it seems likely that you don't have the com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT inherits. This isn't a bad thing, but it does mean that you'll likely have more permutations than usual - again, not a bad thing, but something to be aware of. You might be interested in a blog post on the topic we did a few months ago at http://www.sencha.com/blog/using-the...better-builds/ - the Permutations section covers either including GXT or the specific modules (theme, widgets, state), and the benefits you'll see (faster compile time versus slightly smaller size).

Thread Participants: 1