Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Keab42 is on a distinguished road

Default iOS 7 and Forms

iOS 7 and Forms

I know this is early, but with the Gold Master of iOS 7 out, we've upgraded a sacrificial device to begin testing some apps on iOS 7.

With Sencha running in a Phonegap wrapper installed directly to the device, I'm seeing a different behaviour with the on-screen keyboard when using forms.

Yesterday when the device was on iOS 6. Selecting a form-field triggered the on-screen keyboard and it overlaid the bottom fields, and the two buttons that were set to float at the bottom of the screen. It would then move the screen to focus those fields as necessary.

In iOS 7, the onscreen keyboard seems to be shrinking the viewport, causing the buttons that I had floating at the bottom of the screen to move up to sit above the top of the keyboard, and forcing my form to be scrollable (triggering a bug I've seen mentioned elsewhere about the cursor in scrolled form fields).

Has anybody else observed this behaviour in iOS 7. Any ideas for workarounds?

Vote Rating
    JL is on a distinguished road

Yes, I am seeing this as well and have not found a workaround to date. I will reply if I do.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Keab42 is on a distinguished road

I've done some additional testing.

This bug is only present if Compiled with the iOS 7 SDK in Xcode. If you compile with the iOS6 SDK and run the app on iOS 7 then this problem does not manifest.

I assume this means that the iOS 7 SDK handles webviews differently.

Is this worth logging as a bug or is the Sencha team likely to be on top of this?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice

I would suggest filing a bug with a test case just to be safe.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Vote Rating

I've done a bit more digging as well. I believe the issue is 2 fold, one being something the Cordova folks should address:

1) The iOS 7 keyboard resizes the WebView now to fit the keyboard where as before (as stated above) it seemed to only shift the location of the Webview around (it's frame or bounds) to get the form field in a visible location above the keyboard. I've toyed around with resizing the WebView and modifying it's insets to make it act more like how it does in iOS 6 (albeit never got it perfect), but still end up with a Sencha Touch scroll view issue described in #2. This issue I'm hoping the Cordova dev's will address.

2) When the keyboard is shown, the scroll view seems to be shifted upward to place the focused field in a visible location above the keyboard. When the keyboard is hidden, the scroll view is not relocated to it's original position. The web inspector actually says (as far as I can tell) that the scroll view hasn't moved, but if I change it's top or bottom properties I can get it repositioned to where it should be. It's very odd because I need to use values as if it were positioned absolutely to get it there and it's positioned relatively. There may be something else going on that I'm missing but this is so far what I've deduced.
    EDIT: Looking at it a bit more, I don't think it's the scroll view, I believe it has to do with the scroller div having it's transform style modified. -webkit-transform: translate3d(0px, 0px, 0px) seems to get modified in the Y direction after the keyboard hides. Not know much about the inner workings of the scroller, this may be a direction to head.

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    uksencha is on a distinguished road

Yes we are seeing same thing with the keyboard.

In addition we are seeing the bottom two fields on a long form continually 'bouncing' or 'flickering' up and down having scrolled the form to the bottom of the screen.

We are also seeing the top of the screens being cut off by the mobile safari browser tabs sometimes.

I guess we will have to post some bug reports as well.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    karsunke is on a distinguished road

Default Any Fix available?

Any Fix available?

Has anyone fixed the bug already?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    loclab is on a distinguished road

I think they have fixed in Sencha Touch 2.3 as it is not reproducible in their sample apps. Please have a look.

Vote Rating

Indeed it appears to be fixed! Thank you Sencha

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    cydaps is on a distinguished road

Exclamation This is what I see with Forms in a modal window with Touch 2.3.0 and iOS7 on iPhone..

This is what I see with Forms in a modal window with Touch 2.3.0 and iOS7 on iPhone..

We're having some major issues with this on the iPhone with iOS7 and Sencha Touch 2.3.0 (Cordova 3.0 project)... This is on the iOS simulator, but the exact same is true on the actual device.

Below you'll see that we open a pop-up modal form panel. It's set to 100% width and height, centred and modal, fullscreen = true.

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 13.08.05.jpg

All works great with all fields until we try and edit the value and then the keyboard appears on iOS7 and boom, it's all shifted about 20 pixels left and has moved up to position the field we're editing close to the and left...

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 13.07.32.jpg

Then if I start to use the "previous" arrow on the keyboard the alignment remains wrong... Just a bit of a nightmare!! Can't figure it out, I've set scrollable to true in case that was the issue. Can't really see why it's happening as the viewport has a forced margin of 25px top to fix the issue of the overlapping status bar on iOS7...

Any thoughts to how this could be resolved, perhaps it's something I'm doing with the code? It works perfectly on everything else including iOS6... We are setting Deployment Target as 5.0 to cover as wide range of devices as we can. This is a Cordova 3 / Sencha Touch 2.3.0 project.

Thanks

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar