Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jgcrowder is on a distinguished road

Default 4.2.2.1093 - Ext.selection.RowModel changed signifantly, breaks multi-select rules

4.2.2.1093 - Ext.selection.RowModel changed signifantly, breaks multi-select rules

The code base for Ext.selection.RowModel has changed significantly between 4.2.1.883 and 4.2.2.1093 and is causing problems with multi-select drag/drop trees.

For example, if you have a single node selected in the tree and then click/drag a different node, the correct behavior is to automatically deselect the current node, select the new node and begin dragging the new node only.

The recent code base change now causes both nodes to become selected and they are both dragged even though I did not hold down the CTRL or SHIFT key to multi-select the additional node.

Our tree is configured similar to the following:

Code:
    var tree = Ext.create('Ext.tree.TreePanel', {
    selModel: {
        mode: 'MULTI'
    }, 
    viewConfig: { 
        plugins: { 
            ptype: 'treeviewdragdrop', 
            enableDrop: true, 
            enableDrag: true, 
        } 
       } 
    });
    In my project I was able to restore the correct drag/drop multi-select behavior by creating an override for Ext.selection.RowModel which restores the 4.2.1.883 implementation.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    extjs@peacetech.com is on a distinguished road

Also in grid, using check-box selection model does not honor check box only option and does not retain/add to selection when clicking check boxes without control as 4.2.1 used to do

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for taking the time to point out this treepanel issue. I was able to reproduce the issue and have filed a bug: EXTJSIV-11284.

I will look into the checkbox issue and update this thread. If you have a test case, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

I suggest that Sencha could accelerate the public release cycles, thus more people will be able to help to find bugs. Now only the paid users are able to access to nightly releases, yet many paid users may not be willing to use the the nightly builds unless there is a good reason. If the 883 would be usable to me, I probably would never have a chance to use the nightly build. It's way too long to keep your users using a buggy version and to wait several months for a new release. Especially when I receive a lot of Sencha conference emails, the feeling got stronger. I was thinking, they should come back from the conference to fix the bugs.

I have been struggling with a question for quite some time, Extjs or Angularjs/Bootstrap. The only thing that is still convincing me to use Extjs probably is the super versatile grid control coming from the extjs, despite its low performance, lots of limitations on CSS. So I was thinking, if I could find a replacement for the extjs grid, what would be the reason that I don't use Angularjs/Bootstrap?

So I would encourage Sencha guys to speed up. It is the software, not the conference that makes your users your users.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough

jgcrowder, the bug you reported was fixed last night. It fixed the test case I had, so you might check the latest nightly (4.2.2.1130) to see if the problem is resolved for you too. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about it.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jgcrowder is on a distinguished road

Default Excellent

Excellent

Last night's build works solves my issue.. thanks a bunch!