Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gmainerd is on a distinguished road

Default Infinite scrolling problems after reloading the remote store

Infinite scrolling problems after reloading the remote store

Hi all,

I have been working with infinite scrolling for a while with version 4.2.1 and I have noticed some strange behaviour when I perform store.reload() using a remote store. The errors I find are sometimes "PageMap asked for range which it does not have" and other times just get blocked with the icon loading and you can not continue working, the thing is that this happen randomly.

I migrated to version 4.2.2.1056 and the problem about the "PageMap asked for range which it does not have" has almost desapeared but I found another problems which are when you scroll quickly to the last page and invokes the store.reload() and the result from the server has changed for example different total count because there are serveral new rows, in this case I get sometimes "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" and other times it just loads correctly but scroll to the first page.

I wonder if someone in the community has encountered the same problems because for me I can not trust on the store.reload() method and if there is a workaround to avoid using this method and loads the correct pages in a buffered stored with infinite scrolling.

Thank in advance.

Regards.

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough Gary Schlosberg is a jewel in the rough

I couldn't find reports of that exact situation, but I can tell you there have been a considerable amount of bug fixes since 4.2.2.1056, so you might try your code against the latest (4.2.2.1147) and see if you can still reproduce.
    Get on the Fast Track with Sencha Training http://sencha.com/training

Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gmainerd is on a distinguished road

Thank you Gary, I will upgrade as soon as possible and give you feedback about it.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    YuraSocolov is on a distinguished road

I think a fix for the records being undefined will help your situation, i'm pretty sure we are talking about the same thing:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...s-is-undefined

And as for the store loading the first page incorrectly, I've been seeing it since 4.2.0, and i am not aware of the workaround or a proposed fix still:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...tPage-is-wrong

Not much help, but at least you know it's not just you.

-- yu