Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mlmcconnell is on a distinguished road

Default Model and Store Names Mysteriously Renamed

Model and Store Names Mysteriously Renamed

Version: SA3 Public Beta on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Problem: Previously created and named Model and Store names automatically changed to their respective default names (e.g., 'MyModel' & 'MyXMLStore') in the App.js file upon a save operation.

What triggered it?: I don't have a clue. The last action I performed prior to saving the project was adding fields to two separate Models. The Models I changed were NOT the Model names in the App.js file that reverted to the SA default naming scheme. The only thing I observed about the glitch was that the Model and Store who's names automatically changed were the LAST names in the list of Models and Stores, respectively, in the App.js file.

Expected behavior: Obviously, Model and Store references should never change on their own.

Thank You,
    M. McConnell

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hrm, definitely sounds like a bug. We'll be on the lookout, can you reliably reproduce this?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mlmcconnell is on a distinguished road

Hi, Aaron - thanks for the reply. I have changed Model and Store configs literally dozens of times in the project I'm working on and this has happened only once. I will run some experiments today in an attempt to reproduce the error. If I can get it to fire, I'll let you know the exact steps I took to make it happen again.

Thank You,
    M. McConnell

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mlmcconnell View Post
    Hi, Aaron - thanks for the reply. I have changed Model and Store configs literally dozens of times in the project I'm working on and this has happened only once. I will run some experiments today in an attempt to reproduce the error. If I can get it to fire, I'll let you know the exact steps I took to make it happen again.

Thank You,
    M. McConnell
    Thx, moved the thread to bugs and opened it as INFOREQ.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

Aaron, i find that if you modify something that is linked to another component, or is something to do with class names or filenames, and don't save 'before' you then configure the class you're working on it throws and error, or configures incorrectly.

An example is when you rename the class.

I'll work on some reproducable steps as I find more.
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Thread Participants: 2