You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-11420 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sworth42 is on a distinguished road

Default Buffered store load callback interface inconsistent with documentation

Buffered store load callback interface inconsistent with documentation

The documentation for a store states that the callback for the load function has the following interface:

callback: function(records, operation, success)[/CODE]

However if the store is buffered then it is calling the callback function with the following parameters (taken from src/data/store.js:loadToPrefetch()):

Code:
    options.callback.call(options.scope||me, records, startIdx, endIdx, options);
    Also, the callback function is not called at all in the case where the store does not have any records.

This seems like a bug. I am converting over 30 stores to be buffered and it would be a maintenance headache to keep track of which stores are buffered and handle them differently. I can workaround the problem by listening for the 'load' event which does not have these inconsistencies.

Thanks,

Stephen

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about Gary Schlosberg has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    k_cire0426 is on a distinguished road

Default Bug on callback not firing when empty records.

Bug on callback not firing when empty records.

Is there any workaround for this issue? http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?272483

Vote Rating
    mixo is on a distinguished road

extjs5 seems has the same behavior