Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    yateam is on a distinguished road

Default combine scss files from different folders (theme apps)

combine scss files from different folders (theme apps)

Hi, how can I combine scss files from different theme apps.

For instance, I have ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass folder which is used during sass compilation phase. And I have another folder: another_sass_folder which is located at different location. That folder has the same structure as the original sass folder from my_package. The purpose of having that another_sass_folder is to override some original scss variables. For example there could be a file ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass/var/some_file.scss:
    Code:
    $some_color = 0xFF00FF
    If I create the file: another_sass_folder/var/some_file.scss:
    Code:
    $some_color = 0xFFFFFF
    this value should be used.

How can I do this? The simplest way which comes to my mind is just to copy (and overwrite) the content of another_sass_folder to ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass but in that case I will lose original content of the ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass. How else can I do that?

Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

One more question: is it possible to have a package not in ThemeApp/packages folder but in an absolutely different location?

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I would have Theme 2 extend Theme 1. That way if you override some variable it will honor that new variable and if not Theme 1's setup will remain in tact.

On your second question - you're wanting to have a theme located outside the packages folder from your workspace? Is that correct?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

C
    heck out all of the 2013 SenchaCon presentations here:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/senchacon...now-available/

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are correct. I want to have another package in a different place. The reason for this is that there will be few web projects and they are not going to share the same theme app.

Thanks again.

Thread Participants: 1