Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    yateam is on a distinguished road

Default combine scss files from different folders (theme apps)

combine scss files from different folders (theme apps)

Hi, how can I combine scss files from different theme apps.

For instance, I have ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass folder which is used during sass compilation phase. And I have another folder: another_sass_folder which is located at different location. That folder has the same structure as the original sass folder from my_package. The purpose of having that another_sass_folder is to override some original scss variables. For example there could be a file ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass/var/some_file.scss:
    Code:
    $some_color = 0xFF00FF
    If I create the file: another_sass_folder/var/some_file.scss:
    Code:
    $some_color = 0xFFFFFF
    this value should be used.

How can I do this? The simplest way which comes to my mind is just to copy (and overwrite) the content of another_sass_folder to ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass but in that case I will lose original content of the ThemeApp/packages/my_package/sass. How else can I do that?

Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

One more question: is it possible to have a package not in ThemeApp/packages folder but in an absolutely different location?

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

I would have Theme 2 extend Theme 1. That way if you override some variable it will honor that new variable and if not Theme 1's setup will remain in tact.

On your second question - you're wanting to have a theme located outside the packages folder from your workspace? Is that correct?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are correct. I want to have another package in a different place. The reason for this is that there will be few web projects and they are not going to share the same theme app.

Thanks again.

Thread Participants: 1