You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-3323 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sunafi is on a distinguished road

Default GridRowEditing with moving (flowing) cancel & save buttons?

GridRowEditing with moving (flowing) cancel & save buttons?

I have GridRowEditing and attached Cancel & Save buttons which are shown in the beginning of the Edit grid row (left corner of edit grid row).

I have lots of columns, and needs to use scroll to go to middle or last columns, after I edit the columns I need to use scroll bar to come back to the beginning to Cancel or Save the changes.

Is there any option /property which can move those (Cancel/Save) buttons with use of scroll bar; I meant make those buttons always present in screen even if I go to last columns?

I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the report - looks like this worked nicely in 2.x to keep the buttons visible at all horizontal scroll positions. I've filed this so we can look into it further.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Whoops, forgot a workaround:

Try overriding the positionButtons() method in GridRowEditing. You can manipulate the rowEditor's buttonBar field to try to set the position based on the horizontal scroll position.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you Colin for the tip and your time... I will try it...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    Whoops, forgot a workaround:

Try overriding the positionButtons() method in GridRowEditing. You can manipulate the rowEditor's buttonBar field to try to set the position based on the horizontal scroll position.

Hello Colin,

I looked into GridRowEditing api (2.x) positionButtons() is implemented but in 3.x it's has skeleton...

ButtonBar is private in GridRowEditing, and I am not sure how can I get reference of ButtonBar to set position?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me....

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

So it is, sorry about that, thought it said protected. You can still access private fields using the so-called 'violator' pattern - write a JSNI getter to reference the field, and call that rather than using the field itself.

Thread Participants: 1