Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sunafi is on a distinguished road

Default Grid.getView().setShowDirtyCells(true)

Grid.getView().setShowDirtyCells(true)

I have a grid,

Grid<Store> grid = getGrid(store, columnList);

I have set show dirty cells to true
    grid.getView().setShowDirtyCells(true);

But when user edits cell using GridRowEditing, it is not showing red triangle on left upper corner

Any suggestions please.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I am not sure why it's not working for me

I looked into web directory and I can see dirty.gif file... not sure why it's not shown in the cell?

Any sugesstions pls.?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Without more details, I couldn't say for sure, but I'd suspect that you've configured the store to not track changes, so the grid cannot display changes that aren't being tracked. Turn autocommit to false to enable it to track changes.

In our examples, row editing seem to work correctly: http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...oweditablegrid

Can you confirm that the link works correctly in showing its marker? If not, can you follow the bug report template so we can reproduce this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks again Colin, I already see that example and example works cool even with default value... I will try to follow suggestion and get back in case I find meaningful info (issue in my code)...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hello Colin,

True I am using setAutoCommit to true, and reason is that I am using
    PagingToolBar, and need to retain changes until user saves changes to database. I need to commit changes (in browser memory) before user goes to next page...

I tested with setting autocommit to false and was able to see dirty mark, but the moment I move to next page using paging tool bar, I either loosing changes (if I don't commit before moving to next page) or loosing dirty mark & changes when I am coming back to previous page.

Keeping changes in memory is more important, so back to square one .

Thanks for your tip, at least I know why I am not able to see dirty mark in my grid....

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

If you want to use paging with record objects, then you can listen to the before load event and harvest the Records and Changes, keeping them around until the page comes back. Whatever you are currently doing to track changes across pages will still be necessary, but instead of tracking objects, just track id->set of changes. Then after the store fires its StoreDataChangedEvent, you know that a new set of items is around, and you can get the records of all of the changes you have stored locally.

Moving to discussion so others can join in if they've hit this case before.

Thread Participants: 1