Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Default Unanswered: New Framework Picker

Unanswered: New Framework Picker

I made a little change in order to support more themes per release. Sencha Touch 2.3 now ships with 6 themes and Ext JS 4.2 has 4 and having one big list isn't going to cut it as we move forward (or even as I add more themes). So now when you try to select a framework, you will see it's a tree now.

I'm not 100% in love with a tree as you have to expand nodes to find the release you want which is clumbersome so I decided to make the tree search able. So like in a ComboBox, if you type something into the field you can search for a theme or a version.

So if you search for 'nept', it will go through and find any nodes (leaf or not) that match so it will find all the Neptune themes.

If you searched for '2.3', it will find the Sencha Touch 2.3.0 and Ext JS 2.3.0 releases and will show all the themes under it.

Would love some feedback on this to make sure it was the best route.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

I think this works pretty well. I wonder, though, if splitting framework from theme might make it a little easier. So maybe a picker for the framework, and then a picker for the theme (filtered based on the framework selection)?
    Before pasting your code, see if you can make a working example using Sencha Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/

Not only will it let everyone see what you're talking about with their own eyes, but it also makes debugging your issue 19 billion times easier

Embedding your newly created Fiddle is super-easy: Using Sencha Fiddle in the Forums

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by existdissolve View Post
    I wonder, though, if splitting framework from theme might make it a little easier.
    I thought about that but I thought of 2 things:

1. Function versus screen real estate. Having 2 combos instead of 1 takes up twice the space and getting a little low on space there without reworking the UI.

2. Twice the work. You would have to choose from two options to select a theme that wouldn't be the default (Classic theme for Ext JS, Sencha Touch theme for Touch) where as this tree allows you to filter down rapidly and choose the theme. The tree may be quicker to use which if you are like me, I want to test between versions quite a bit for support work.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I thought about that but I thought of 2 things:

1. Function versus screen real estate. Having 2 combos instead of 1 takes up twice the space and getting a little low on space there without reworking the UI.

2. Twice the work. You would have to choose from two options to select a theme that wouldn't be the default (Classic theme for Ext JS, Sencha Touch theme for Touch) where as this tree allows you to filter down rapidly and choose the theme. The tree may be quicker to use which if you are like me, I want to test between versions quite a bit for support work.
    Yep, definitely makes sense. I think the way you have it now works well enough.
    Thanks!
    Before pasting your code, see if you can make a working example using Sencha Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/

Not only will it let everyone see what you're talking about with their own eyes, but it also makes debugging your issue 19 billion times easier

Embedding your newly created Fiddle is super-easy: Using Sencha Fiddle in the Forums

Thread Participants: 1