Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    lmeyer1 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: What PHP backend to use ?

Answered: What PHP backend to use ?

I start an important development and need to make a choice for the backend. For simplicity I'd like to opt for a proxy/reader/writer couple of ajax/json.
    I see that there are many options for paging, sorting, filtering, etc. The backend solution will be quite elaborated, in order to implement all the features of the ExtJS Proxy client.
    I don't like to reinvent the wheel. So I'd like to find existing backend solutions that work seemlessly with ExtJS.
    It would be nice to find something self-contained, so that it will not be necessary to adhere to a full php framework.
    Is there something you can recommend ?
    Or have you knowledge of a website that lists ExtJs backend implementations ?

2. If you use Ext.Direct, there are a plethora of options for PHP that are ready to go: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?67992-Ext.Direct-Server-side-Stacks

I
    f you don't use Ext.Direct, remember that Ext JS has almost nothing in the way of expectations regarding your server-side implementation. With just a bit of tweaking to accommodate Ext JS, you could use literally any backend that you want, PHP or otherwise.

So in my opinion, find the backend that best fits the overall needs of your application (from all sides, not just the interface side), and use that...you'll find that it will take very little to get it to play seamlessly with Ext JS.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

If you use Ext.Direct, there are a plethora of options for PHP that are ready to go: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?67992-Ext.Direct-Server-side-Stacks

I
    f you don't use Ext.Direct, remember that Ext JS has almost nothing in the way of expectations regarding your server-side implementation. With just a bit of tweaking to accommodate Ext JS, you could use literally any backend that you want, PHP or otherwise.

So in my opinion, find the backend that best fits the overall needs of your application (from all sides, not just the interface side), and use that...you'll find that it will take very little to get it to play seamlessly with Ext JS.
    Before pasting your code, see if you can make a working example using Sencha Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/

Not only will it let everyone see what you're talking about with their own eyes, but it also makes debugging your issue 19 billion times easier

Embedding your newly created Fiddle is super-easy: Using Sencha Fiddle in the Forums

Thread Participants: 1