Vote Rating
    Nxs is on a distinguished road

Talking "A new major update is available"....or not !

"A new major update is available"....or not !

Hey,

Today, I got this screen when I started Architect (2.2.3 b1039) :

Capture.PNG

But when I click on the Go to website button, it leads me to download Architect....v2.2.3 !!!

In sentence "major update" I expected SA v3

A joke from SA Team ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CiaranT is on a distinguished road

I got the same thing. I think somebody has jumped the gun

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

1044 fixes a problem that 1039 had with OS X. The symptom was grey blotchy boxes across the app at random. It was due to a problem with accelerated compositing.

In order to update the bit of code that affected it we had to release a new installer. Most code we can auto update without having to use an installer but this was one of the rare cases that we needed a new installer.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    Nxs is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    1044 fixes a problem that 1039 had with OS X. The symptom was grey blotchy boxes across the app at random. It was due to a problem with accelerated compositing.

In order to update the bit of code that affected it we had to release a new installer. Most code we can auto update without having to use an installer but this was one of the rare cases that we needed a new installer.
    Okay thanks for the info (the page http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#!/guide/changelog ) doesn't mention this

Can we install the new version exactly over the current existing install (same path) ? (I'm running on M$ os)

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Nxs View Post
    Okay thanks for the info (the page http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#!/guide/changelog ) doesn't mention this
    We're fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nxs View Post
    Can we install the new version exactly over the current existing install (same path) ? (I'm running on M$ os)
    Yes.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team