Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    malathi is on a distinguished road

Default gxt grid selection event getting fired on changing column width

gxt grid selection event getting fired on changing column width

I am using paginated livegrid. The problem is that when i select a row and then try to change the column width of any column in that table, the selwcted row is getting deselected. But my requirement is that even on chaging column width, row shouldnt get deselected
    Also, when i select a row and scrolldown wuch that the selected row is not visible i.e.., it went to the top, even then the selection is getting reset.

Please suggest on what could be the issue

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

I can't reproduce that at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:basicgrid - can you specify the exact version, steps, and browser you are using with this, and perhaps fill out the bug template to give us a better idea of what is going wrong?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In the example URL provided by you, please check http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:livegrid example. There, try to click on 3rd or 4th row and then scrolldown untill the selected row moves out of visibility. Now again scroll up and you could be able to see that the selection of that row is lost.
    When a column is dragged manually to change its width, reset of selected row is also replicated in the LIVE GRID example.

I dont want the row selection to be reset untill I select another row in that grid.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Please look at the LIVEGRID example given in the URL above. In that example both the issue which I have specified in my post are getitng reproduced.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quick help is required as this has become serious issue in our application

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This is by design - the LiveGrid keeps in memory only the items it is drawing currently, plus a buffer on either side. Otherwise, any item a user selects must be kept in memory forever, even if they never scroll back to that item. This may make perfect sense in your application, but would essentially be a memory leak in many others. This same result will occur with normal paging as well.

To track this in your app, listen to any selection events so that you know when the user selects something, and listen to LiveGridViewUpdateEvents to see when the view has changes to re-select items which are now back in view again.

In the future, if you need help right away, please file a support ticket so we can arrange to view your code or screenshare to try to help you fix your code, provide a fix to GXT, or offer a workaround.

EDIT: Whoops, only read the first issue with scrolling past an item. There was an issue in 3.0.1 with resizing columns, but that has been fixed - you can confirm that at http://qa.sencha.com:8080/examples-3...Place:livegrid

Thread Participants: 1