Ext JS Premium Member anton.dimitrov's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    anton.dimitrov is on a distinguished road

Default Upgrading packages of apps when upgrading CMD/ExtJS

Upgrading packages of apps when upgrading CMD/ExtJS

Do we have to upgrade all packages of an app when upgrading to new ExtJS version ?
    I am migrating an app from 4.2.1 ( cmd 3.2.1) to 4.2.2 with CMD 4.0 and we have several custom packages like themes, etc.
    I see that the building of the theme throws warnings regarding missing files that are apparently introduced
    with CMD 4.0 ( like production.properties).
    Also the build-impl.xml is completely changed with the new cmd.

Code:
    [WRN] Specified property file ...........\public\packages\fms-theme-neptune\.sencha\package\production.properties does not exist

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Have you run "sencha package upgrade" on your packages / themes?
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

I suspect you'll need to since the packages have build scripts layered in them. Some packages will not need to be upgraded, but it's not a bad idea.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

Ext JS Premium Member anton.dimitrov's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    anton.dimitrov is on a distinguished road

I managed to build the app without upgrading all the packages, but as you said I also think it is worth doing it !

10x

Thread Participants: 1