Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    trancee is on a distinguished road

Default [2.3.0] [Android 2.3] Ext.Menu: menu not right-aligned when opening

[2.3.0] [Android 2.3] Ext.Menu: menu not right-aligned when opening

I am using the Ext.ux.ActionOverFlowMenuButton component to have a menu come in from the right side. This works great on all devices except on Android 2.3 devices. A strange behavior occurs there, where the menu comes in from the right, but does not stop until it reaches the left side!

I can't test this on Kitchen Sink since you do not have that kind of menu there (only by using reveal and that's not what I am looking for). The default setting for Ext.ux.ActionOverFlowMenuButton is cover: true.

How can I make the menu work like on all the other devices, so it won't go until the left side?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

The documents state that this user extension was designed to be used on the BB10 platform.
    For all other platforms the only option is to use: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2.3.0/t...tml#demo/menus
    This implementation does work on Android 2.3.
    It sounds like you know about Ext.Menu KitchenSink example. What about this implementation is not adequate?
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply. This user extension works on any platforms (Android, iOS, BB10) but just does not behave correctly on Android 2.3!

What I am saying is that there is a bug in Android 2.3 when using the menu right-aligned. If this user extension works on all the other platforms and is actually quite useful, why not fix it for Android 2.3 as well, as it is part of Sencha Touch and not BB10?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all fmoseley is a name known to all

I will let Engineering make the final call on this issue.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Any decisions already? Or can they at least give a workaround?

Or even better, is it possible to disable the Ext.Menu animation for Android 2.3 only? If so, how do to it?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating

Since this component was designed specifically for BB10 Engineering will not fix any bugs encountered on Android. For all other platforms you should use the Ext.Menu class: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2.3.1/#!/api/Ext.Menu
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Thread Participants: 1