Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zaid is on a distinguished road

Default Performance issue with Slide transition in Arabic Language

Performance issue with Slide transition in Arabic Language

Hi all,

I am a bit disappointed with the performance response of the transitions with the Arabic content, it seems the Arabic content slows down the transitions. You can try this example (click Search button):
    http://72.167.252.193/project/sencha/app.html

When clicking search, it takes a while to perform the slide transition to view search view (in browser it takes 2 seconds, on iPad 4 it takes few seconds)

I tried replacing the Arabic content with English (almost same content size) and it did perform very well in English with no issues, my conclusion that the Arabic content is the main issue.

Have anybody faced this issue before? Any workaround? One of the workarounds I can do is to hide the content before the transition, and show it again when it is back, but this is more of a hack and impacts the user experience.

Thanks,
    Zaid

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice fmoseley is just really nice

Are you testing the packaged app/production build? Performance of production builds will be better. Though not ideal another option would be to turn off animations in your app.

If you are reporting a bug I will need a locally runnable app to submit to Engineering.
    Can you put together a fiddle reproducing this issue.
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out
    Sencha training
    Sencha Touch in Action

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Thread Participants: 1